
Wanted to blog about this for weeks, but really couldn't squeeze out single little time to do so. This final semester is really going to kill us all..
Well, let's go straight to the main point. I found people sharing this song in a music forum when I went to search for jazz music, and it's cool.
Take Five, by Dave Brubeck
In 1959, an American named Dave Brubeck composed a quartet, called "Take Five", what's so special about it is he used the irregular 5/4 beat, which brought a huge impact to the jazz scene at that time, and people made a lot of criticism on it. However, time has proved that these complicated beats changed the old-style listening habit of jazz fans that time, and played an important role in exploring the possibilities in jazz rhythms.
In this version of "Take Five", it was as forceful as ever as drummer Randy Jones is given a chance to perform solo.
I enjoyed this piece very much, and I will swing with it whenever my playlist played this song. The drum solo just pushed our emotion to the highest peak.
Enjoy!

2 comments:
It's a very enjoyable piece. Groovy as my name tells. :p
I'm glad you like jazz. Okay, not that glad? What ever.
Fell in love with jazz since the first time I went Sunrise Jazz Festival last year.
I guess the groovy funky fusion jazz made me addicted.
Glad you like it.
Post a Comment