Monday, March 13, 2006

A not so ordinary Sunday



I woke up early today, which is a very special thing, as I seldom got up before 12pm at home on Sundays.

The first thing in my plan today is to have a nice dimsum breakfast with my family, which we seldom have for months as all of us couldn't wake up early.

Then I headed for the Annual General Meeting for the orchestra. I thought I was late, but I just realized that I'm still consider early, as there are only few people, less than 10. Maybe other people are late, I was thinking, but they proved me wrong, we are the only few person who attended the General Meeting. It's very pathetic to have such poor attendance for such an orchestra that has 80 performers for their concerts.

The orchestra is facing some problem, and they might need to cancel the big concert we planned to have on September, and further dismiss this orchestra. I really don't want that to happen. I nearly burst into tears when I heard it. This orchestra watches me grow up, from a dumb little girl, to a big dumb girl. I really learnt a lot of things from this place, both in theoretical things, and real-life-implement stuffs.

It's really a waste to shut it down like that. For me, it is the best platform for every Chinese Traditional Music players in Malaysia to perform in Malaysia, and it's not easy to have all these things.

Everyone is thinking hard for solutions. Even our music director is willing to fly back from Hong Kong twice a month for the rehearsal, self paid. There is really no reason for us to give up like this. I really hope the first rehearsal next week will be successful.

Our old and wise seniors attended, and I really did learn things from their speech, from the things they expressed to us. Especially those life experiences which are really valuable to us, and some lessons, how to differentiate right and wrong things.
I really gained a lot.




Another part of my day was to attend the wedding dinner of my secondary school teacher. Many of my classmates attended too. It's just like a gathering, with many of the school teachers attending. I am happy to see some really long time no see good teachers. Of course there are some 'bad' teachers inside, but.. don't care about them. Haha. Some of my classmates even got drunk.

Meeting with old buddy is always happy, updating each other about the 'secret information' we got. Just knew that sometimes life is really hard. Sometimes you might not hurt people's feeling without knowing it, when all you did has no bad intentions. Anyway, people are sensitive.

Will miss my buddies always. So many things to digest, but I will try to swallow them all down, and have a good sleep. Very dizzy.
Good night.

No comments: