Sunday, December 18, 2005

Unforgettable Bali Trip, 1st day - continued III

I'm back to post for my Bali trip. Guess I was too bored to study my monday test.
So, this is my 4th post on my first day in Bali. Ha. Too long winded I guess.

After walked back to our hotel in Kuta, we got in a taxi and headed to Uluwatu, to witness the renowned sunset there, and we were surprised when the taxi driver told us that we will be able to watch Kecak Dance there while we were watching sunset, as it wasn't in our plan. We quickly hopped into the car, and off we go to Uluwatu.

As it was the first day we reached Bali, we felt so excited in the car, seeing all those things consider new and strange to us. We asked the taxi driver with so many questions, such as 'What are those things you put in your car?' (It's the offering I shown in my previous post). What people said is true, Balinese are very friendly, he tried to fulfil our curiousity by answering our questions.

We reached our destination - Pura Uluwatu (Uluwatu Temple) quite late, and the sun began to set. We went to visit the temple first, before the dance started. We were given a Sarong and a piece of cloth to tie around our waist, before we could get in there.




These staircases lead us to the temple.


A gate in the temple. It is a very old temple. You can see its age.


A statue in the temple. There are different kind of statues, represents different gods in every temple, I think.


A monkey climbing, don't know where it is heading. There are many monkeys there, our guide (the kind taxi driver) picked up a stick before entering the temple, to shoo away monkeys in case they wanna attack us. (Horrible)


Monkeys in the sunset. Aren't they beautiful?


They like the taste of louse, I think.


The temple standing in the beautiful sunset, listening to the waves singing.



The Kecak Dance started before we managed to get down from the temple. It was just beside the temple, in front of the beautiful sunset and the sea. Kecak Dance is cute, as agreed by my friends. They sang 'Ke Cak Ke Cak' all the way during the dance, I guess that's where they got the name of the dance from. We looked greedily at this first traditional dance we watched in Bali. My friend even recorded the dance with her Video Camera. The view is very nice, as they are dancing in the beautiful view composed by the sunset and the sea.




Kecak Dance - Few main dancers are surrounded by men sitting in a circle.


Close up of the main dancers in the middle.


There are old men, as well as young men sitting around. Their voices are loud :D


The view in sunset.


When the dance was about to end, they made up flames in the stage.



By this, our great first day in Bali is about to end. We went to have our late shopping at Kuta after we got back, and we wrapped up our great day with -- a temporary tattoo on the back of our neck.




I like it very much. It is a Balinese symbol. I saw this symbol in the sign hung up on the door of some temples out there. They said, it means 'Good Luck'.



Finally I managed to finish writing my first day. Phew.
I'm looking forward for my posts on the following day too :P

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You forgot the interesting part about the collision/misunderstanding of 2 drivers for the Uluwatu trip. =)

Fairly written. Nice work.
A+...haha!

Unknown said...

We almost thought we would get beaten up afterwards...Eventually, we thought too vain of all kind Balinese...

musyanic said...

Ya oh.. forgot d.
Looking forward to read it in your blog =)

Unknown said...

lazyy...