Friday, December 09, 2005

Unforgettable Bali Trip, 1st day - continued II

It has been a while since my last update for my Bali trip. Too bad, I'm just running out of time to really sit down and post. Maybe at this moment, my level of joy and excitement has reduced to 20%, so to all you readers out there, please add 80% more into what I wrote now. =)

Well, back to the story. Let's start it with a photo.




In Bali, all along the roads, we saw many of these things on the floor. There are too many on the floor until you can see some of them are stepped until being flat. It contains flowers, some grass, biscuits, sometimes you can see joss sticks on it too. After asking the locals, we only knew that these are offerings for their gods. They replenish the offerings everyday. The first thing a shop keeper will do when they start their business everyday is to prepare the offerings. Religion is really very heavy-weighted there.




We saw many of these horse carts at kuta. I don't know whether it is a tradition there, or it is just a tourism product.




As we were walking along Legian Street, we saw this monument. It is a monument built to commemorate victims who died in 2002 Bali Bombing




I shivered when I saw such long name list. These are the name list of innocent people, dying because of other parties' enmity.

Still, I didn't manage to tell about the place we went that evening. I'll tell about it soon, hopefully.

No comments: