Monday, December 05, 2005

A great recording experience




Guess what. I just came back from a recording session.

It is all about a valuable chance a kind-hearted guy gave me. My sister's bf owns a recording studio, and recently they are working on a project of Danny One, a very potential local hip-hop artist, who will be producing his first debut EP in Taiwan, after successfully 'landed' in mainland China. In this one and only song in his EP, he needs an erhu player for his song. I'm very lucky that Luah, my sis' bf recommended me to him. It has been a long time since I last played erhu, and luckily they don't mind(hopefully).

The session was fun. I was very very nervous at first, although this is not the first time I participate in recording using erhu, but I'm still stressed, to play in front of a celebrity I never thought I will have the chance to meet in person. Danny is a nice guy, he and a girl (I think her name is Shu Ling) communicate with me before the recording, about what they want, and asked me to fill in the music pre-recorded. After brainstorming, we began our recording session. I played what we came out with before that, for a few times, until they are satisfied. We filled in few parts of his song. There are some moments when we are stucked, don't know what to play. Everybody thinks hard to come out with melody to fill in. Thanks to them, Danny, Shu Ling, and Kian Seng, the recording engineer, they helped me get the work done.

Danny is a very funny guy. He cracked out jokes all of the time. There's another guy I used to see him only on stage, a very great guitarist in Malaysia rock scene, Kok Hong, and Deng Zhi Zhang, a local artist as well. It's great to see so many people from different background, get to know each other through the same interest -- music. They look like dandiacals, but when they're playing music, or talking bout music, they can be so professional and serious. That's the magic of music.

I wanna thanks for those who gave me this chance. Thanks a lot. It is a very great experience for me.

2 comments:

美翔 said...

wow.. really amazing~~..
can meet so many celebrities.
keep up hard work!.. u will be a very talented musician

musyanic said...

Haha. Din expect it also.
Thanks alot for visiting.