Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thought

I was expecting a girl, as the name shows a feminine one.
To my surprise, it was a man in his thirties.

He sat down, and told me that he was actually sitting in on behalf of his daughter.
The daughter registered and paid for the class, but somehow she is too shy to face the previous teacher.
So she gave up coming for the class, and now his dad is sitting in on behalf of her.
To learn on behalf of her and 'transfer' the knowledge to her at home.

I've heard of parents forcing their children to attend music classes,
but this is the first time I see parents 'forced' to take lessons.

I wanted to know what have he learnt from the previous classes, and what he is expecting to learn.
Throughout the class, he was reluctant to sit down and actually have his hands on the drums. He just requested for demonstrations, and learn the theories.
For the knowledge transfer later I think.
And some little chats.
A strange way of having class, to me at least.


Before the class ended, he said in a sad voice, "Poor thing. In international schools, international students tend to bully the locals."
Perhaps that has shaped her shy personality.

I saw love and concern in the father's eyes.
But at the same time I was worried about the daughter.
For how she is going to face the reality, that she will need to face some day later.

No comments: