Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Goodbye & Hello


Warning: This post is a very dull one, and might cause drowsiness. Just for personal use. Skip when you feel necessary.

Wanted to have a post to conclude my 2007 at the last day of the year, somehow just don't have the mood to do so. Well, mood is a very important element for me to blog.

Days slipped by unnoticed. Again, another year has passed. Somehow I have to list down what I've done / achieved / not done / not achieved in my year 2007, for my self record, before it fades away, unnoticed.

My year 2007:
- Joined "Tan.Ruan" Concert (彈。阮) , presented by Professional Cultural Centre Orchestra (PCCO,專藝民族樂團)
My first time to play 4-piece-ensemble with other 3 great ruan players. And my first time to seriously learn how to play a song -- 雲南回憶第1樂章
- Trip to Vietnam
An unforgettable trip. The breathtaking sceneries, and a closer look to the local lifestyle, and the most important thing is the precious experience: boarding on a local bus + going from one hotel to another to find the cheapest accomodation, with a heavy backpack and the heavy rain + refused to give tips for the train staff which 'demanded' us to pay for it...
- Joined "My Music Luggage" Concert (我的音樂行李) @ SMK Taman Connaught (康樂囯中)
A very fun concert, featuring Stefanie Lem (the conductor) and Jia Wen (currently Ai Fm DJ) as emcee. Created lotsa funny scene. I miss watching their 'talk show'. Good response from the audiences.
- Trip to Kuching for Rainforest World Music Festival 2007
A great experience to be able to watch many different 'genre' of music, from all around the world. You can find similarities in some of the instruments from different countries, which shows that music are somehow connected despite the physical distance of their origin.
- Concert @ Tian Hou Temple
Due to overwhelming responses, and to raise fund for the coming trip to Sabah, Concert is presented again, this time at a bigger hall. Too bad this time we don't have good emcee.
- Joined <30-Hour Famine> by World Vision, for the first time
Had a great time there with my colleagues.
- Mount hiking for the first time, at Cameron - Gunung Brinchang and Gunung Irau
Although didn't manage to reach the second peak, but still proud of everyone of us to be able to make it. Manage to get out from the forest after sky gets dark. Realized my weakness during the trip.
- Resume my drum lesson, and passed the drum exam
My first time taking drum exam. Thought I'm going to fail it for playing poor, but somehow they still give me a merit. Well, somehow the standard ain't that high as what I imagined, and I'm just lucky. Gotta do better next time, and aim for higher grades.
- My Music Luggage @ Sabah
Although the whole thing is not as good as what we expected, but I personally gained something from the trip. My long lost passion in playing my instrument, and first time trying hard to be a good section leader.
- Improved my improvisation skill on Zhong Ruan by performing in restaurants.
Well, I really enjoy the freedom of adding stuff, tweaking the rhythms a little bit every time I perform. And enjoy the groove playing with great players(who will do different improvisation everytime too) like Joyathi, and Stefanie
- Got my first credit card
The convenience to shop online, and to not bring cash
- Joined a great band, and have my first jamming experience
Thanks abe for believing me
- First time recording my vocal in a studio.
Thanks abe again for believing me
- Bought a guitar for myself.
- Lost a very precious thing
- Went to HK again to watch a brilliant concert by HOCC.
Well, it did burn a hole in my pocket, but I still think it's worth it for being crazy once in my life time, and for the experience itself.
- Learn some basic stuff (theory only) on arrangement / mixing
Thanks Luah for letting me visit his studio always, and thanks Chun Keat for explaining all those deep deep things to me.
- Firework Festival @ Putrajaya.
Thanks for willing to accompany me although the place is very very crowded, and thanks for showing me the best spot to watch it.
- Haven't start to invest in unit trust.
Somehow there are always reasons to hold me back. My bad.
- Went to gym for the first time.
Enjoyed it. But somehow didn't go for a long time. Getting lazy. Not good. Will continue this month.
- Lost my dear FZ-5
- Only manage to save little money, which is very far from what I planned.
- Bought some CDs, but not as what I planned - 1 cd per month, and they're almost from the same genre / artists I like.
No good. Should start to listen to more varieties, and discover great acts.
- Improved my communication skills a little bit. Thanks to my buddy who demonstrates her good communication skills.
Still a bit afraid to talk to person I'm not familiar with. Still a lot to learn and improve.
- Failed to keep my resume up-to-date.
For a very simple and stupid reason: lazy
- Getting lazy, lost direction, start to doubt for the thing I'm chasing for.
- Finding back myself
- Didn't really treasure the ones that I love around me until I lost them.
- Didn't perform well in my job.

Looking back my previous post, I'm glad that I manage to achieve something in most of the things listed, but I failed miserably on this item: wake up early, start my day with a warm breakfast and some readings, hopefully self-review as well, before going to work.
Well, I'm getting lazier these days. Forgot to keep myself driven to become better every single day. Reading less, giving myself more excuses to be lazy, and slack.

No good no good. Time for me to wake up!!

Well, I didn't really expect this post for be this long. Looks like my 2007 is not that empty as I thought.
Still have to end it with my 2008 resolution (Again, hope I'm able to make it for at least 50% of the list):
- Travel to a place which I really like from the bottom of my heart.
- Getting myself a replacement camera before the trip.
- Start to apply for courses at the end of this year.
- Achieve my saving target
- Continue to improve my music knowledge and skill
- Complete neuyabe's album
- Make my own music
- Repair my external hard disk, back up and format my old 80gb hard disk and replace it with my current bursting hard disk.
- Spend more time with my beloved ones. Treasure everyone I love around me.
- Go to gym on regular basis.
- Improve myself everyday.
- Take the initiative to do things better. Stop being passive. Provide solutions, not just finding problems.
- Refrain from being pessimistic.
- Speak with point.
- Be a better drummer, and achieve something together with the band.
- Be a better worker / team player / programmer.
- Build more self confidence.
- Read more books.
- Visit CD shops on regular basis.
- Request for things I want.
- Watch gigs.
- Perform, and being appreciated.
- Do some simple investment.
- Read everyday.
- Wake up early, start my day with a warm breakfast and some readings, hopefully self-review as well, before going to work. (From last year)

Gotta stop before this post gets uncontrollably long and goes to nowhere. Was posting this on my medical leave resting at home, have nothing to do other than rest, in a very low energy and down mood. I thought I have left it away together with 2007, but it just somehow follow me to 2008. Reason of the blue blue mood still remains unknown. Can't believe that time passes so fast? Still not able to adapt to my new life? Still lost? Emptiness that resides in me? Missing you?

By the way, before I forget, Happy New Year to all of you our there. Hope 2008 will be a better year for you and me.

No comments: