
I just came back from my weekly gig@Chynna, Hilton KL. It's quite tiring to go out to KL which is a 45mins driving distance using my lil Wira, but sometimes it's a breakaway too from all these pressure here.
My partner today is Ms Joyathi. I enjoyed playing with her, and eventually, she's the one I enjoyed playing with most, other than my teacher Stephanie. As a common practise among chinese traditional music players like us, music score is an essential thing in a gig, but we don't bring music scores when we know we're playing together. That makes me enjoyed the gig more when I can focus in what I'm playing, focus in thinking what to be played in the accompaniment music line in real time. It's very challenging, and we enjoyed it very much. She's a very 'quick' player, with quick response, and very sensitive to music. That's what made the whole night so great when what we're playing is really music, with feeling inside. Sometimes hard to get this kinda chemistry when I am playing with others.
Hmm. Done with the "appreciating session" for today. Time to go back to my switch simulator to be hand up tomorrow.
Countdown to graduation: 2 weeks

No comments:
Post a Comment