The plane departed at 1025 as scheduled. It's been so long since I last sit on a plane, departing from the airport, that I looked stupid in front of the automatic immigration check machine which just requires us to place our passport on the sensor. I've heard about this long time ago, but when it's my turn to finally put my hands on it, I don't know how to do. Ha. Malaysia is really modern in some aspects. I felt proud when I read in some RFID articles while doing my FYP research, that Malaysia is the first country in the world to issue e-passports using RFID technology. Not bad, huh?

I'm leaving on the jet plane. These wings are bringing me to another wonderful land.
I can see Bali now! We are so excited when we saw it from the plane.
Bali, here we come.
One of the volcanoes. We can only guess whether it's Mount Agung or Mount Batur from the plane.
After about 3 hours on Air Asia AK900, (in fact, it's not a comfortable flight, but that's what we can afford at this time) we reached the Island of Thousand Temples, Bali. (That description is true, as we shall see many temples in the following days). The airport is not big, but it's comfortable. The first thing I found was the familiar Indonesian language I heard from our maid, proving that I'm entering another foreign land. After collecting our luggages, we headed out to search for transport to our hotel in Kuta. We saw a counter juz next to the exit, listing all the prices to for all destinations, but we just wanna try our luck to get cheaper price out there. In fact, that is the first transaction we're having in Bali, and we are very careful with the price offered. A man approached us, offering transport, after bargaining, we still have no idea which one to take, and finally we gave up, and took a taxi from the counter we saw just now.
Balinese are known for their friendliness. I fully agree on that. The taxi driver is very friendly, introducing the buildings around on our way to the hotel. Denpasar, where the airport is located, is just 10 - 15 minutes away from Kuta. The buildings in Bali are beautiful. That's the first impression we got from Bali. They are artistic, even a simplest design shows the artistic elements buried deep inside their culture.

A small temple beside a house.
We're looking around greedily in the car, everything seems so new, so beautiful to us. I'll continue on what we saw in the car, and the remaining of the wonderful first day in my next post. Stay tuned.

2 comments:
Descriptive, detailed, and interesting :)
Thank you.
Happy to hear that..
Post a Comment