Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I have a Dream Concert

Last 2 weeks I was busy attending rehearsals every night after class, it was tiring, but as the result, the charity concert held by Leo Club "I have a Dream" was a success.

It was a tiring day as there are 2 shows on the same day. Everyone is exhausted by the daily evening practises, but the shows were great. The conductor managed to make almost every audience felt excited at the end of the concert, although my friend saw some of them fell asleep during the mid of the concert.

I brought my dearest FZ5 there to shoot some simple pictures, a friend who plays chinese flute saw me playing with it, and approached me with an excited expression. He owns a FZ5 too, currently added D70s into his camera collection. He told me some complicated photographing terminologies, and I just nodded as I don't know every single thing about it. Ha. The next day they bought their gears too. Here's some pictures I took during the final rehearsal and the concert day.




Busy preparing at the last minute


Our young percussion players


A marking on the floor of the stage.


Audience seat view from the stage.


Glockenspiel on the stage.


My score. This is chinese orchestra version of the renown song - Carmen Overture


The percussion instruments


The stage manager sitting on the stage, giving the last briefing before concert. The last sentence is "All the best!"


Ruans. The instrument I'm playing.


Alas. The ruan players. The one I'm holding is "Zhong Ruan" (which means middle sized ruan), the bigger one is "Da Ruan" (big sized ruan)



The songs played are some songs I've played before, so there's nothing much to comment about the pieces we played. There are some old friends, and this time some new faces in our plucking strings group. The thing that touches me is that I received few SMSes after the concert to thank me, although I really didn't contribute that much. I blushed, but my heart feels very very warm. Although it's just a short period everyone being together, but it's like a family. I guess the time we waited behind the stage makes our relationship grew stronger. Music connects us all, you see.

Looking forward for the next concert - 大西北 this August. That will be another much more greater concert.

1 comment:

musyanic said...

Yo.. It's a great surprise to see you here.. I'm really happy to see you..

I'm fine, will live my life happy happy :D Don't worry.
I hope you are enjoying your life too.

I will never ever forget my dear Disu. You're always my buddy. :) Promise me to be happy there, ok?