
Just came back from the cinema watching this movie.
As usual, I'm bad at writing reviews or anything close to that. So don't expect any details about the movie, what I can write is just my feelings after watching the movie.
I was in a dilemma whether to catch this movie in the cinema at this time, as I'm still halfway reading the book(although I have bought it for quite a while), and I thought I won't continue to read it after I watch the movie. In the end I gave in, don't want to miss watching this movie in the cinema.
After the first 5 minutes in the movie, I decided to finish the book. Lotsa details in the books are left out, such as some important parts which describe the main characters' personality, which are reasonable, as it's impossible to stuff everything into a movie. But the plot of the story is still good enough to make the movie a blockbuster in America.
Parts I like most: The letter reading part, the fruits throwing part, children in Afganisthan running without legs, and the last part, when Amir say back the same sentence to Hassan's son: "I'll do that a thousand times for you" (or something like that). Good enough for me to shed tears, although I have to admit I do that quite often :P Hmm. Overwhelmed by the loyalty, friendship, and the war scenes in the story -- scenes we won't see and would not want to see.
Oh ya. And I like the music / soundtrack inside.
Peace.
p/s: This post originates from a comment I left in a buddy's blog few minutes ago. Her post 1 month ago is part of the reason I decided not to miss this movie in the cinema too. Thanks.
同場加映:剛剛想起幾個月前曾經看過這片網志
http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/jojopumpkinjojo/article?mid=11685
(我很喜歡的梁祖堯的blog)。剛剛又revisit這篇,看來我真的必須讀完那本小説才能評斷是不是真得有如他說得那樣了。

No comments:
Post a Comment