Friday, November 03, 2006

Hocc "Live in Unity" Concert 2006, Hong Kong Coliseum

This is going to be a long post. I'm supposed to post it when I'm still very hype after the concert, but.. too bad, I still have to gave in to the reality, to face the hectic working life. How I wish I could be a full time musician.. (daydreaming again)

In year 2002, my erhu sifu cum music mentor introduced me Hocc's song - 迷你与我 when I went to her house to jam songs(Ok, to be more precise, is to watch her play songs.. haha). Then I bought Hocc2 from CD store which include that songs. I think Hocc put some spell inside her cd, since then I'll just grab any Hocc CDs whenever i see them in store and that will keep me happy enough for the rest of the week. At that time, people around me doesn't even know who is Hocc, and the result pages returned by Google when I key in Hocc are so limited and outdated.

I never believe that I'm a lucky person, until I received a phone call from galaxy, informing me that I'm one of the grand prize winners for a digi sms contest I've took part 1 week before, and the grand prize is a trip to Hong Kong to watch Denise Ho's (Hocc) first concert, at her 10th year as an artist. I was very excited as I've been dreaming to watch Hocc performing live. I never ever thought that the first live performance that I'm able to watch will be her first ever concert. Dream came true, and I still can't believe it until now, although the concert is over. Suffering from post-HoccConcert-syndrom..

Other than the 3 winners from digi, there's another winner from 988, which is an extreme Hocc fan, and reporters from local chinese newspaper, and Simon, the 988 dj. Another good thing about the trip is to get to know these people in entertainment industry, and know more about the things they do. Well, there're too many things to tell about the trip, but I'll focus on the concert at this time. I'm still in the concert hype mood until now, as the concert is a really great one. Just realized that she's now a star in Hong Kong, as people started to dig out her old cds and sell them at very high price, and you can see her posters or photos selling out there.. Glad that the true star has finally came out from being hidden by the clouds.

Galaxy gave us good seats, which are only few rows from the stage, and I managed to grab few nice pictures. In fact, I was busy to capture every single moment of Hocc on stage, with my FZ-5, while enjoying her music and the great visual effect she's giving on stage. She's one of very few artist that has presented artistic elements in her concert. I was stunned at few parts in the concerts, when she and her dancers presented modern dance art in their dances. Awesome.



Never dreamed that I will be able to step inside Hong Kong coliseum, but I'm IN now, and a very great star will be shining on the stage very soon.


The main character on the stage before show starts.


Hocc has fans from different countries, to name a few from the signs I saw, they are from Montreal, Torronto, New Zealand, and many more.. and Malaysia of course.


Finally Hocc is out, and everyone in the coliseum gets high immediately. The stage is specially designed under Hocc's idea to represent her career, from zero to what she possesses now. She came out from a corner, and slowly, she rises up onto a high position in the center of the stage while singing "光榮之家". I can't help but yelled like crazy. Everyone got crazier after she said, "你地唔係仲坐係度下嘛?"..whoa~


She picked up her guitar, and sang "千千萬萬個我" as the first song. I was very touched when I saw the coliseum is full with audiences, and everyone is focusing on her, listening her singing her own songs. I guess she must be very touched too, as she cried a little bit during this first song. I almost cried out too.. You've made it, finally!!


She then continue to sing few rock songs in her collection.




Cool! Too bad she was always facing other directions during her solos.




View from behind, her first rock girl suit.


I love her hairstyle!!!


Roar!! I'm the king tonight!


Clap with me~


Introducing her band cum battle mates. She praised them in the concert, but asked other singers not to hire them coz she wanna keep them for herself. Ha.


They have cool costume too.


Talking. She's high.. We're high too..


Close up


The cellist and violinist. Violin is little bit pitchy at first, but got better later.


The second suit of the night - a red paper dress. It's one of a few parts I love most in the concert. She sang 神經痛,天使藍 in this posture, imitating a music box doll without much expression, but I felt more pain at that moment.






Angels


The third suit.


..And this dancer just climbed out from her long long dress behind.


Eventually she just went there and hugged her fans.


A very cute jumper. She sang "牛牛戀曲" -> 《未來》,《明目張膽》


《夜半敲門》She walked through one door after another, looked back sometimes, but continue to walk front.


Glamorous. This suit is designed by 劉培基,Anita Mui's designer good friend, using the same cloth material as Anita Mui's concert suit in her last concert. Hocc has done a good job to continue Mui 姐's spirit.










《你是八十年代》,《艷光四射》. She shines on the stage, indeed a glamoring star.


I was very surprised when I saw her playing piano. Didn't know she can play it very well. She played Anita's 《孤身走我路》as a tribute to her, and thanked her for changing her life. Touched.


The seat reserved for Anita Mui. She must be very proud of her.


《絕對》to thank her parents.






She dedicated the song 《圓滿》 to her fans.


《鉄幕誘惑》,the song she sang when she took part in the singing contest. Definitely much more cooler than Aaron. :P






She brought out her guitar again, for the last song - 《光榮之家》. Indeed, it's like the lyrics -> “全場在Why~ Ya~ Ya~ Ya~ Ya~ Ya~” 很壯觀,很感動!


Ok, she's out again for the encore part. Guess what, SAMMI is here too. Looks like rumours are true sometimes.


Sammi is hyperactive that night, and our pity Hocc have to look after as the special designed stage is very dangerous.


Finally, her own encore pieces, 《勁愛你》+《小丸子的心事》. Very cute!


I'm still living in the concert memory. It was so unreal, and I still can't pull myself out. I'm deeply addicted to Hocc now.. I brought all her cds that I've collected since her first ep to office, and listened carefully to every single song inside.. She's really a brilliant singer cum composer. Every melody touched my heart. Can't really describe my feelings now. I'm getting crazy..

Ah C, finally, you've made it. You made everyone wowed at your concert after so many years waiting. You've proved that true talent will be seen after all. You shine, and I'm proud of you. Keep it up, and continue to do the things you like. I'll continue to support you like I always did for all these years. Way to go, Ho Goo~



p/s: Post concert dinner (慶功宴)...

Very happy, and still energetic..


"Yum Seng" session... using Pepsi.. |||


"Uncle Carl"


Started her marathon interview session..


Trying hard to answer every question..


Repeating same answers to same questions in different sessions.. Pity..


Ok, another TV station..


Doink..


Finally it's Malaysia media's turn.. And it's already 2am++. In fact they're are the last one in the queue. Simon from 988 is the one in white shirt, who are responsible to ask question. Others are the reporters.


Ooo~~ I almost faint when she's so near. Haha.. Nola.. nothing much in mind that time, just hope everything ends faster so that she can go celebrate with those that she really wants to celebrate with and rest earlier, instead of entertaining medias and people she doesn't know, like us.. hahaha..


But I'm still very very very happy.. hahahah..

I'm still suffering from serious ho goo disease. Deep trouble..

No comments: